Trust me I was the worlds worst for eating rubbish, utter rubbish from microwave meals, to crisps, crabs, sweets and of course wine!!!! Ok so forgetting the wine I've really improved on the other 4!🤣 A girls needs her vino after all!😉
Hate to point out the obvious but every day we eat to survive so it stands to reason what we invest in our bodies will determine how we live and how well we live. The Laura of dietary 'pasta' never thought about healthy eating or calories however the Laura of dietary present (couldn't think of a witty equivalent) does and it's made such a difference to my life.
What triggered this new found enthusiasm and determination to stick to such a healthy eating regime ... break up binge eating, that's what! I would love to be one of those girls who has the envious 'break-up weight loss' but in typical unlucky Laura style I'm the opposite! I exist in my little sanctuary that's called home, cuddle Jace 🐶 and eat without care. Why? Who cares?! I mean I will never love again, men are evil, I will grow old with my dog and empty wine bottles as candle stick holders blah blah blah, you know the rest! 🤣🤣 Well, I choose not to be that girl- I choose to be even better than I was before! It's all part of the process and after I've suitably eaten and holiday'd my heart ache away I now need to get back to my healthy mind set and sexy size 8 (on a 'fat' day size 10)self! Ps. Size 10 is not fat obviously but have you seen the Instagram adds for Victoria Secret!?😱😱
So about a month and a half ago I started to prepare meals and really think about what I am now shovelling in my mouth and I've felt great for doing it! I understand if your reading this and thinking, 'oh another girl groaning on about healthy eating and having the perfect body' and I really don't want to be that 'girl' as I'm definitely neither however what I will say is I have felt more confident in my own skin and I've been jumping out my bed in the morning rather than dragging my lazy ass out of it. I have never been a girl to obsess about my weight as I am that person who can burn off food quite fast but trust me when you hit 30 it's as if your body goes into semi retirement and no longer has the fat burning spirit it once did. So if you can relate here are some pointers that have helped me turn a negative into a positive!
1. Break the habit! When you are eating 'bad' it's hard to break the pattern as your body is craving carbs and stodgy foods. However for me this was the easiest and hardest thing to change. It was easy as I was finally ready to move on and make a change however it was tough as for the first week my stomach was expecting food that it didn't get. #alliwantisabigmac The big influence to make a difference to me was that the 'good' food I was eating was so darn tasty! 🤗 If I had been eating tasteless salads no way I would have stuck to it however I looked up recipes on line and fell in love with Joe Wicks food, AKA Body Coach, which I really enjoyed so it made the transition into a healthier 'MoJo' easy peasy lemon dressing squeaky.😍 See link:
2. Are you actually hungry? I definitely replaced love/sex for food! 🤣 I had nothing else to do but sit around and who watches a movie without crisps? Cheese? Wine gums? Local take away? Oh and of course a glass of vino! My remedy.... fill my diary and GET OUT! Instead of sitting in every day off or night I filled my diary with doing stuff so I wasn't even thinking about food! I went walking, met with friends again, attended gigs that I love, started this blog... possibilities are endless! I would plan my day/week/Year... look to the future and imagine the possibilities!
3. Bye Bye Carbs... it's been nice knowing you! Ok, so maybe not completely cutting out carbs but definitely less than what I was eating before. I've found something new and amazing ... CousCous! It is a great replacement for potatoes and pasta which I was having every night. #pastaslut By replacing this into my diet and reducing the 'bad' carbs I am less bloated and lethargic and my tummy is nice and flat!!!! #SummerReady
4. Be Organised! When your just slumming about in your slacks eating rubbish and not doing much the thought of getting your ass off the couch to prepare a lunch for the next day does not fill you with much excitement. The difference for me is by eating better I am so much more organised and prepared therefore I'm raring to go! 😊 I used to buy pot noodles, Tesco meal deals even the occasional chippy I'm ashamed to say but now I prepare a lunch and I vary it to keep it interesting. I like to include, tuna, boiled eggs, salad, couscous (of course), smoked fish (although I sickened myself with this 🤢) tomatoes, peppers, grapes and loads more healthy options. I also try and avoid dressings and have balsamic glaze instead, I really recommend this if your a fan of balsamic vinegar as it's lower in calories but still gives your salad a bit of flavour!😍 You can buy it in Morrison for a few pounds and lasts forever!
5. Get out and open your Eyes and BREATHE! Yes it's great to eat healthy but what will you do with all that new found energy?! Get out... yes get those comfy trainers on, stick a jacket on and get out and breathe in the fresh air especially now Summer is almost upon us! My perfect place is walking through my local town, tunes in my ears, wind in my blown to bits hair and watching the world around me exist. I love it! No matter where you live they'll be beauty to see so go and see it!💋
I don't pretend to be a perfect healthy example for anyone to follow but who wants to be perfect?! Life would be boring as hell! I get tipsy with my friends, I love cheese and crackers and I'm the worst for portion size, I want my treats and I'm sorry I want my wine but I've learned it's all in moderation. Out side influences and well, life can affect your eating habits, mind set and general disposition, it's inevitable and they are all interconnected but by eating better and being pro active you will feel fabulous for it!